WHy I Became A Beautycounter Consultant
I was already on a path changing what my family and I were eating, drinking and other lifestyle decisions that impacted our health and the environment we live within. So when Beautycounter was introduced to me by a childhood friend, the mission and the movement resonated with me. How could you not be intrigued or excited for a brand that is so openly about making safety of their clients the priority of their brand and product? I started small with the cosmetics. Specifically, the Dew Skin Moisturizer and Lip Sheer. I fell in love with both items. But life has a way of moving you forward.
Fast forward, it wasn’t until I attended a skincare and cosmetics party a friend was hosting. I had been to a few parties in the past. But it had been some twenty years (emoji clinched teeth inserted here). As a young girl I grew watching my mom use this brand, host parties herself and share their happiness of the product. Although for me I knew early on that my skin never agreed with the product. So when invited, I thought “it’s been quite some time, I’m sure the formulas have changed.” After sampling the skincare line, I was thrown back in time and I had a reaction to the product once again. I had walked away purchasing product for my daughter who is about the same age I started using skincare products. It got me thinking about the products I was currently using and what would be the best product for Ava and I to use. This incident made the light bulb light up. I began my research into Beautycounter.
After reviewing their site inside and out, I was directed to the ewg.com (Environmental Working Group) site, a trusted non-profit partner of Beautycounter and used their Skin Deep app to look through my entire medicine cabinet and make up bag. This exercise was very enlightening. Most of the products I was using passed the Skin Deep app but a few did not. Those hit the trash bin. Between being on the verge to introducing product to Ava that I didn’t feel was the safest, wasn’t going to be able to use myself and at the bottom of my moisturizer and eye cream. I decided to try the Beautycounter. I started with the Countertime Night Time Moisturizer, Countertime Eye Cream and the new Charcoal Bar. I was hooked. Now Ava is using the Essentials product and both Ava and Gryffin are using Kidscounter and the Sun Protection products.
Yes, I could have gone out and purchased most of the same products that I was using currently. The Skin Deep app exercise confirmed most of the products I was using were safe. Please download this app on your smartphone and great to have when shopping. The reason for why I moved onto Beautycounter and became a consultant is because I share in their mission, their movement, to have safer products in the marketplace. I couldn’t help but support a company who put their client’s safety and health first. Once I did the research I couldn’t spend my money with another company that wasn’t going to be as transparent as Beautycounter. That is not to say I won’t use other products, but now I have a set of guidelines. I wanted to share this with family and friends.
Beautycounter was created to change the laws and implement new regulation that govern the current personal care industry. Nothing has been done since 1938. Currently there is a page and a half of laws that regulate the beauty and skincare industry. They have chosen to take the proactive approach to their business. To be a true leader.
“Decades of studies indicate that serious health issues (including, but not limited to asthma, learning disabilities, cancer and infertility) are on the rise, and due in some part to our ongoing exposure to toxic chemicals—whether it’s in the shower, on our commute, while we eat lunch at a local restaurant, or when we clean our kitchens at home.
At Beautycounter, we’ve banned more than 1,500 ingredients setting a new health and safety standard— all while ensuring our products perform, and that they’re as indulgent as any luxe shampoo, lipstick or oil in the market. It’s not easy work, but it’s well worth it.
This is about progress—not perfection. Because every little bit counts.”
There are four ways you can be part of this mission and movement.
1) Become A Beautycounter Client- Educate yourself. Take home a Never List Card. Carry it with you. Download the Skin Deep App. Go through your medicine cabinet and make up bag. Purchase Beautycounter or other product that push the envelope to get safe products into the marketplace.
2) Throw A Beautycounter Social- Here is where you can support and create movement behind the mission. Throw and Social and share the Beautycounter mission and movement. You can have a little as 4 or up to 10 family and friends. There is opportunity through “Host rewards” to get great deals and free product. Up to 5 Free Products and 50% off 5 Products. This is the new Tupperware party.
3) Become A Beautycounter Member- $29 Member fee, $10 of which is donated to one of the three Trusted non-profit partners, Healthy Child Healthy World, Breast Cancer Fund & Environmental Working Group.
- Free shipping for orders over $100
- 10% product credit for every qualifying purchase
- Other specials for our Beautycounter members
4) Become A Beautycounter Consultant- If you are passionate about this mission and movement and would like to build a business where you can work as low as 4 hours a week or 40 hours a week. Receive 25% off product and make as much as 25% to 35% in commissions on sales. Please let me know if you are interested and I can share with you the Beautycounter opportunities.
If any of the above resonates with you like it did for me, email me and I would love to have a one on one appointment to discuss, share and listen on how one of the four ways might be the right path for you to be part of this mission and movement.
I appreciate it you taking the time to read my story.